This page describes how to install and license Trilio for Kubernetes (T4K) in a Rancher environment.
Rancher supports Rancher Kubernetes Engine (RKE) by default on Amazon EC2, Azure, Digital Ocean, Linode, and vSphere. It also supports Amazon EKS, Azure AKS, and Google GKE deployments out of the box.
Trilio for Kubernetes provides an operator as a Rancher Partner Chart for Kubernetes cluster deployments and it is present on the Rancher Apps & Marketplace. Here are the instructions to install T4K as a Rancher Partner Chart on RKE cluster deployment.
T4K Operator deployment as Rancher Partner chart is supported only on Rancher server v2.5 and above.
- 1.Log in to the Rancher Server web console.
2. From the list of cluster deployments, click the name of an RKE cluster.
3. From the left panel menu in the page displayed, click the Apps & Marketplace dropdown and select Charts.
4. In the Filter field, start to type 'Trilio'. The results filter as you type.
5. Select the result for Trilio for Kubernetes.
6. From the installation overview page, click Install.
7. From the Namespace dropdown list on the Install: Step 1 page, choose a namespace for the install.
8. In the Name text field, type a name for your install.
9. Optionally, check this box to customize helm options later in the installation process.
10. Click Next to proceed to the next installation step.
11. On the Install: Step 2 page, there are three sub-steps. The first one (displayed by default) is Trilio Manager Install Configuration.
12. Optionally, for more configuration control, you can edit the YAML file using Edit YAML and review your changes using Compare Changes.
13. Check this box to install Trilio Manager automatically. If checked, type a Trilio Manager Instance Name in the text field below. You may also choose to uncheck this option.
14. For Trilio Manager Installation Scope, choose between installing for the entire cluster, or for a specific namespace.
15. Optionally, Click View Chart Info to see overview information about your chart.
16. On the Install: Step 2 page, there are three sub-steps. Optionally, click the second sub-step which is Ingress Configuration.
18. Optionally, edit the URL to access the T4K Management Console (UI).
19. Optionally, provide the TLS secret to access the T4K Management Console (UI).
20. By default T4K will install a Trilio-provided nginx ingress-controller. Select the Ingress Controller Service Type dropdown field, where a choice can be made between NodePort and LoadBalancer. If you do not want to use the Trilio-provided ingress controller, you can change the ingress controller from the TVM options from the Configure Management Console Access Section and complete the optional Annotations for Ingress Resource fields.
22. On the Install: Step 2 page, there are three sub-steps. Optionally, click the third sub-step, which is Proxy Settings.
22. Optionally, for more configuration control, you can edit the YAML file using Edit YAML and review your changes using Compare Changes.
23. Place a tick/check in this box if intending to use proxy settings. This activates four related text fields, two of which are mandatory.
24. Once happy with all configurations, click Next.
25. After the installation is complete, you can verify successful installation. In the left panel menu, click the Apps & Marketplace dropdown and select Installed Apps.
After installation of T4K, users can create a Rancher Navigation Link to access the Trilio management console, directly through the Rancher Server console.