TrilioVault is a pure software solution and is composed of 3 elements:
- 1.TrilioVault Controller Cluster
- 2.TrilioVault RHV-M Web-GUI extension
- 3.TrilioVault Datamover
The TrilioVault Controller Cluster consists of multiple containers:
- rhv-configurator - this container contains all configuration UI used to configure the Triliovault solution after deployment
- config-api - this container is responsible to deploy and configure the actual TrilioVault solution after all values are provided through the configuration UI
- wlm-api - this container provides the api used by the RHV-M integration to work with workloads, backups and restores
- wlm-scheduler - this container takes jobs from the wlm-api and schedules them on a wlm-workloads container. It hereby chooses the wwlm-workloads container with the lowest load
- MariaDB - this container provides the TrilioVault database
- RabbitMQ - this container provides the RabbitMQ service used internally by the TrilioVault solution
The TrilioVault Controller Cluster consists of 3 VMs fulfilling the following base requirements
TrilioVault is installing the TrilioVault datamover service next to the ovirt-imageio-proxy service running on the RHV-Manager and ovirt-imageio-daemon running on the RHV-Hosts.
The TrilioVault datamover doesn't have any hardware-related requirements, but they require specific versions of the ovirt-imageio services.
The installed versions of the ovirt-imageio-proxy and the ovirt-imageio-daemon need to be the same.